Read about how
we started and what mASCot is all about...
mASCot was started 10 years ago by a parent, Sam Bayley :
"As a parent of a child with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, I wanted a place where parents and carers in Brighton and Hove could meet face-to-face or online and support each other.
Having the coffee mornings and the online forum has made this possible, watching mASCot grow and become such an amazing group with so many families involved is so brilliant to see"
mASCot has evolved and we now have over a 400 members, this is growing daily.
mASCot has a hard working committee and a committed sub-group working hard to improve the services for children with ASC within B&H.
We are continually arranging new activities, talks, workshops and meet ups for our families. The
best thing about mASCot is that we are all there for each other. We are
all busy families so having a place where we can share problems,
solutions and advice is so important.
Being able to access help within a network of
support whenever you need it is so amazing, to be able to just share a story is
great. There will always be someone to listen and be there for you.
Becoming a member
By becoming a member of mASCot you will have access to our private Members only Facebook group and inclusion in all we do. You will become a member of a strong community that supports and are there for each other. We are always pushing to raise awareness of Autism and to make services and schools better at managing and dealing with Autism, so by becoming a member you with strengthen mASCot by making our voice bigger and stronger.
What we do.......
- Coffee mornings twice monthly for a good old chat
- Pub meets give us a chance to meet and have adult time
- Support and be there for each other
- Try to meet up with the children in the holidays so they get a chance to get to know each other
- Build up a database of valuable information.
- Guide each other in how to handle school issues
- Actively seek funding
- Become a vital community for families in an ASC world
- Expand our knowledge on Autism so we become the experts on our children
- Swap advice and ideas
- Share success stories
- Share info on the services available in B&H
- Become good friends
- Share problems
- Solve problems
- Swap info on things going on in B&H that would be of interest or value to other families
- Care about each other